Social Media Toolkit
Over the past decade, social media has emerged as an extremely influential tool for communications. It has become the rule, not the exception, when conducting outreach activities. Social networks and platforms—such as blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and video applications—give participating audiences an immediate, interactive place to discuss and share items of interest. Engaging in social media can help your Action Coalition to:
- Disseminate information and achievements to online audiences.
- Ask your stakeholders to take action.
- Connect to other organizations.
- Build grassroots efforts through local social networks.
- Keep advocates up-to-date on local and national progress.
- Solicit feedback and ideas from people or organizations in your community.
Download the Social Media Guide for more guidance on connecting with your online community.Download